To help make QuickBooks Commerce a secure platform for your eCommerce experience, we decided to jump in and answer some frequently asked questions about Multi-factor Authentication (MFA).
1What should I do if I'm not able to access my mobile device?
If you cannot access your multifactor device, you must reset by following these steps, which will allow you to log in and automatically disable Multi-factor Authentication:
- Reset MFA on your account by visiting this link
- Enter your email, password, and one of the Recovery Codes you downloaded during the initial setup phase.
- This will sign you into your account and automatically remove the Multifactor Authentication.
- You can then enable it again using the steps in the activation section above.
2What should I do if I have lost my recovery codes?
If you have lost your recovery codes, which you downloaded during the initial set up, but are still able to login using your multifactor device, then you should visit your User Settings page to remove and then re-setup MFA. This will issue you with a fresh set of recovery codes.
- From your QuickBooks Commerce account, navigate to the Settings section.
- Click on 'Company Details' and then on 'Team Members'.
- Now select your personal user account.
- Under the 'Basic Information' section, click on 'Remove' next to Multifactor
- The screen will prompt you to confirm the removal.
- Restart the setup again from the same page as explained here.
3What should I do if I am not able to access my mobile device and also lost my recovery codes?
If you are fully locked out of your account please follow these steps so that we can help you recover access.
- Send an email to email@example.com
- This email needs to come from the email account of the user who is associated with the request.
- Include the name of the user as it appears in the account.
- Our team will reply, and upon confirming identity we will be able to reset your login.