The Facebook Analytics plugin is available to customers subscribed to the Business plan and above (on new pricing plans) or our suite of Advanced B2B features are available as an add-on to lower plans for USD 125/month.
Get a deeper understanding of how customers interact with your B2B store, their customer journey, and more with Facebook Analytics. Facebook refers to this as ‘Adding a Facebook pixel to your store’.
A Facebook pixel collects data about how customers are using your online store pages so that you can more effectively plan your ad campaigns to find new customers.
Did you know that leveraging consumer analytics can help drive customer acquisition, revenue, and optimize sales growth?
Benefits of Enabling the FaceBook Analytics plugin
You will be able to track many of your B2B store activities such as:
✔ Active users and sessions per user
✔ Time spent in-store per page
✔ Revenue tracking
✔ Device and Geography breakdown of customers
✔ User retention cohort analysis and Lifetime Value (LTV) tracking
✔ Purchase and shopping funnels
✔ Facebook Ad conversions
How to Set Up Facebook Analytics?
Read this yet?
Learn more about the Facebook pixel here before you add it to your B2B store.
Here we’ll cover:
- aCreate a Facebook pixel
- bAdd a Facebook pixel ID to your B2B eCommerce Store
If you are currently working with an advertising agency or use a third-party app to manage your Facebook Ads/traffic, then make sure that adding a Facebook pixel to your online store does not cause duplicates or discrepancies in your reports.
Creating a Facebook pixel
You can start to create your Facebook pixel. To create a Facebook tracking pixel, please follow the steps listed here:
1. After logging into your Facebook account, navigate to Facebook Events Manager.
2. Click on the green + button on the left called 'Connect Data Sources'.
3. Now select Web and click 'Get Started'.
4. Select Facebook Pixel and click 'Connect'.
5. Now give a name to this pixel and fill in your B2B eCommerce Store URL. If you use a custom domain, fill in your custom domain name (e.g., https://mystorename.com). If you don’t use a custom domain, fill in your B2B store URL (e.g., https://storename.gogecko.com).
6. Your Facebook Pixel has been created and it’s now time to retrieve the ID. 🙌🏽 You can close this dialogue box.
7. You will now see the new Data Source. Click 'Settings'.
8. You will see your Pixel ID. Copy or save a screenshot to your desktop.
Add the Facebook pixel ID in your TradeGecko B2B Admin
Now that you have created a Facebook pixel and retrieved the Pixel ID, it’s time for you to add it to your B2B online store preferences in TradeGecko. This will enable your B2B store to integrate with the Facebook pixel.
1. First, go to your TradeGecko B2B Store Admin. (i.e., storename.gogecko.com/admin)
2. On the top right-hand corner, click on B2B Tools and then 'Tracking' on the sidebar.
3. In the Facebook pixel section, paste the pixel ID you had previously copied/saved. Your pixel Tracking ID should be a 15 digit number.
4. Once done, click ‘Save Tracking Info’.
If you have recently added a Facebook pixel to your B2B Store, then you will need to wait for customer activity before you see any data/insights being aggregated in Facebook Ads Manager.
Then, you can make sure that it has been integrated seamlessly by using Facebook Ads Manager or clicking here.
Got through all that like a champion! 🎖🎺
Read this yet?
Keen to discover some of the best practices when it comes to Facebook Analytics? Get started here.