In QuickBooks Commerce, the best way to handle exchanges would be:
- Go to the Sales Orders associated with the Exchange.
- Process a Return and this will create a Credit Note to your Accounting Integration (e.g Xero or QBO).
- The 'sold' item will then be returned to its originating warehouse, increasing your stocks. You can also leave a note in the order stating that this Return will be REPLACED.
- Create a new Sales Order (if from Sales Channel such as Shopify and/or Woocommerce), create it in the respective Sales Channels, and remember to leave a note that this is a replacement for the first Sales Order.
- Then, process the order as usual.