If you decide to use QuickBooks Commerce for drop-shipping, this will essentially mean that we will only be an order management platform. You can do so through Purchase Order Management.
An individual Purchase Order is created for Products that need to be drop-shipped to the customer, with customer Shipping information included on the ‘Message to Customer’ section of the Purchase Order.
- A Sales Order for a product is placed on a Sales Channel or manually created in QuickBooks Commerce.
- Since you are not carrying stock of this item, the Sales Order will reflect a negative Availability for this item.
- Then, Create a Purchase Order for the item that is going to be drop-shipped directly to your customer
- Customer’s Information and Ship-To Address must be included in the Message to Supplier Section of the Purchase Order sent to the supplier/drop-shipper.
- When the drop-shipper confirms that the customer order has been fulfilled, you must then go into QuickBooks Commerce to receive the Purchase Order, and mark the Sales Order from the customer as 'Fulfilled'.
This allows you to manage orders and keep track of the requests for fulfillment to your drop-shipping supplier. However, on the downside, this will have implications on your Accounting where all Purchase Orders will sync over to your accounting platform.