Read this next: Fulfillment by Amazon: Settings
In this article, we’ll cover:
- Fulfilling Sales Orders with FBA
- Example Sales Order Workflow
- Sales Order Stock Level Sync
- Common FBA Inquiries
Fulfilling Sales Orders with FBA
QuickBooks Commerce syncs seamlessly with Amazon FBA, so stock levels are accurate across all your warehouse locations.
Physical Inventory will be sent to Amazon FBA fulfillment centers, where products are stored and maintained. Within QuickBooks Commerce, the Amazon FBA location is automatically created as a Virtual Location during integration.
Amazon’s Multi-Channel Fulfilment (MCF) service allows you to sell products on other channels (like Shopify, B2B, Amazon) while still getting FBA to fulfill these orders. QuickBooks Commerce adds value here with the FBA workflow, as all the orders from the various Sales Channels are managed within QuickBooks Commerce alone, at a single point.
Once the order is Packed in QuickBooks Commerce, the order information is automatically sent to the FBA Warehouse. The orders will then be picked, packed, and shipped by FBA.
Example Sales Order Workflow
1. Once an Order has been imported from a Sales Channel, or manually created within QuickBooks Commerce, set the Ship From location to the FBA Virtual Location by clicking on the Ship From the drop-down menu top of the order. You’ll see a notification indicating the Order is being Fulfilled by Amazon.
Please ensure all of the following details on orders are filled and correct:
- A valid country name or country code
- Address 1 must be present
- A zipcode must be present
- The state should be valid (North America)
- SKUs in the Sales Order must also exist in your FBA account
- The Ship-to country must be the same as the originating FBA location
2. Once the order has been Finalized, and you’ll see a pop-up notification on the next steps.
3. Pack the Sales Order as you normally would within QuickBooks Commerce by clicking on the Pack All button (or Manual) within the Shipments section of the order.
This will automatically create a fulfillment order in FBA, with all the order information. You’ll see the following modal on the Shipment, indicating the order has been received by FBA:
Once the Order has started being processed by FBA, you’ll see the following update on the Shipment of the Order within QuickBooks Commerce:
Once the order has been completely processed and shipped out of the FBA warehouse, the Sales Order on QuickBooks Commerce will automatically be updated to Fulfilled status, and tracking details will be added to the Shipment. You’ll also see the following confirmation on the Shipment of the Order in QuickBooks Commerce:
If there are any issues with the Order and/or Shipment, you’ll be notified within the Shipment of the Order in QuickBooks Commerce:
Click on Please check your error logs to see the details of the error and how to rectify it.
Sales Order Stock Level Sync
- Once FBA updates an order on QuickBooks Commerce to Fulfilled, the stock levels for the FBA virtual location in QuickBooks Commerce will automatically be updated.
- Changes made to the stock levels within QuickBooks Commerce (Purchase Orders, Stock Adjustments, Sales Orders, etc.) will not sync back to Amazon FBA, as third parties do not have access to control stock levels of FBA warehouses.
- Likewise, other than sales orders, stock level adjustments made to your FBA products will not sync back to QuickBooks Commerce.
- The Manual Product Sync function within the FBA settings tab is to pull updated stock levels from FBA to QuickBooks Commerce.
Common FBA Inquiries
Orders are not syncing from Amazon FBA
Amazon FBA does not sync orders, as it isn’t a Sales Channel. Install the Amazon Sales Channel to sync Orders.
Stock levels do not match between QuickBooks Commerce and Amazon FBA
Click the Sync Product button within the Amazon FBA app settings. For Amazon FBA Locations, Amazon is the master of stock, and QuickBooks Commerce should match FBA’s stock levels. A stock adjustment will be automatically created to match stock levels once the sync is complete.
Sales Orders: Unable to select Ship/ Ship All
Expected behavior – Ship function disabled as FBA updates Shipment on QuickBooks Commerce.
Sales Orders: Shipment creation fails.
Alert will be displayed within the Shipment. Check the FBA error logs for specific details.
Now let's walk through Fulfillment by Amazon: Settings.