- Import & Sync products from TradeGecko to Rocketspark (one-way).
- Orders on Rocketspark automatically push to TradeGecko.
- Orders automatically marked as paid in TradeGecko when paid at Rocketspark.
- Orders automatically marked as shipped in Rocketspark when fulfilled in TradeGecko.
Step 1. Sign up to Rocketspark
If you haven't got a Rocketspark account already, please follow the steps below to create an account. If you already have a Rocketspark account, jump down to Step 2 below.
- Try Rocketspark by starting a free trial.
- Follow the steps to get your Rocketspark account configured. You might find the Rocketspark knowledge base helpful for this.
Step 2. Connecting to TradeGecko
Connect your Rocketspark account to TradeGecko to import and sync your products and orders.
1. Navigate to your Store Settings and find the TradeGecko Settings on the left-hand menu.
2. Once there, click on the blue Connect to TradeGecko button
At the next step, your browser will be redirected to TradeGecko. If you aren't already logged in to TradeGecko then you will need to login first. Once logged in you will be presented with an option to authorize Rocketspark to access your TradeGecko account.
3. Click the Authorize button to continue. You'll be redirected back to Rocketspark once authorized.
4. Once connected, you'll be able to configure the Order Settings, these settings are used when pushing orders to TradeGecko.
Tax Settings: If you haven't set up your Shipping Countries you might want to do this now, there will be a link to do this if there are none setup yet, as we need to link your TradeGecko tax rates to your shipping countries. The options in the drop down are pulled from the TradeGecko tax settings area.
Currency Settings: Please choose the currency you would like your orders to be pushed in to TradeGecko with. (This should match your Rocketspark store currency set under Currency Details).
5. The Product Sync settings control how your product details are imported to Rocketspark.
Stock location: The TradeGecko location to pull the stock levels from. This will sync the Available Stock.
Price list: Choose which TradeGecko price list to pull the pricing information from.
Tag syncing: Choose to Sync all products or only products that have a specific tag assigned to them in TradeGecko. (In the screenshot below, I have created a tag called "Online" and I'm only importing products from TradeGecko which have this tag.)
Product Details: Selectively choose which details are imported in from TradeGecko and override what is set in Rocketspark products. For newly created products that originated in TradeGecko we will import all details the first time. Fields that are ticked here will not be editable in Rocketspark and all changes in TradeGecko will overwrite/update what is in Rocketspark. However, if any images are uploaded at any stage to Rocketspark, the sync will not remove them from Rocketspark. Images can also be re-ordered on Rocketspark independently of TradeGecko.
(In the screenshot below, you have the option to choose to not sync product titles in Rocketspark to keep it more customer facing and SEO optimized than how they are written in TradeGecko inventory, and you can also upload different web-only pictures into Rocketspark and choose to not sync these being overwritten from TradeGecko).
Step 3. Import products from TradeGecko
Do you already have products in Rocketspark?
If you already have products in Rocketspark please review the guide here before continuing to avoid any issues with duplicate products being created.
Are you ready to import products from TradeGecko
Clicking the "Import products from TradeGecko" button will import your products from TradeGecko into Rocketspark. If you have already run the import before, you can manually re-import at any time and it will simply update the products.
Note: Once imported we'll keep your products in-sync, typically updated every hour. You can also manually update an individual product by editing the product in Rocketspark you will then find a "Sync" button to update on-demand.
1. Once the import starts, a progress report will appear in the Product sync bar. It can take a minute or two to start importing. You can navigate away and come back to this page to check on the progress.
2. When the import is completed, click View products to jump to the store area and check they have imported correctly.
3. Pro-tip: If you haven't created a page to go to your Store, this can be done at the Manage Pages area of Dashboard.
Success! You are now connected
Congratulations you've now successfully connected TradeGecko to Rocketspark and imported your products. Changes to your products in TradeGecko will be reflected on Rocketspark. When new orders are made on Rocketspark they will automatically appear in TradeGecko.