Step 2: Connect Bergen Logistics to CartRover as WMS
- CartRover retrieves new orders from QuickBooks Commerce
- CartRover delivers orders to Bergen Logistics
- CartRover retrieves shipment tracking and inventory levels from Bergen Logistics
- CartRover delivers shipment tracking and inventory levels to QuickBooks Commerce
Credentials from Bergen Logistics that are needed to set up this connection in CartRover. The setup guide will explain further instructions.
- Account Web Address
- API Username
- API Password
Follow the step by step instructions on Setting Up Bergen Logistics to connect your Bergen Logistics account to CartRover.
1. Contact Bergen Logistics to acquire your API credentials and Account web address.
2. In CartRover go to WMS Setup and make sure that Bergen Logistics is selected. Click Save.
3. In CartRover go to Merchant > Edit Setup and enter your credentials.
4. Click Test WMS Connection at the bottom of the page to verify they are correct and working.
5. Click OK to save your settings.
General Integration Guidelines
- Order IDs: Some warehouse management systems or other software have limitations on character types and lengths. Check with your provider and make sure that your order source is generating order IDs that are within those parameters. Cartrover provides a full Order Number in the field cust_po_no and a shortened but still unique order number in cust_ref.
- SKUs/Items/Product Codes: In order for any order interface to function properly, the SKUs in the order source must match the SKUs in your warehouse software. If your warehouse system does not recognize an incoming SKU, the order will be rejected. If the SKUs in the order source are different than the ones being used in your warehouse, then item aliases or promotional codes must be created for each corresponding item in your WMS.
- Initial Integration: When most new interfaces are configured and initiated, all recent open orders in the cart will be downloaded by CartRover. It is essential that all shipped orders are marked as closed/shipped in the cart/order source so that CartRover does not retrieve them.
- Test orders: It is highly recommended that all new integrations are verified by using test orders. This way it can be verified that item IDs and shipping codes are translating over correctly to your WMS.
- Basic Access Authentication: Each cart provides their own method of authentication. If you are hosting your own cart, do not turn on extra Basic Access Authentication or CartRover may not be able to access your cart's API endpoint (URL).
- Allow Incoming Traffic: CartRover uses the following IP addresses which you may need to whitelist: 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11