The Stock Movement Export shows you a breakdown of all stock movement transactions/adjustments made on your products during a specific period of time.
For instance, if you check whether your stock movements are in line with your 3PL or do a stock movement audit, running a stock movement report would help.
You can access your Stock Movement Export by going to the Intelligence tab > Inventory drop-down > 'Stock Movement Export'.
A pop-up will appear for you to manage the filters needed on the Stock Movement report window. Select the preferred filters you want to apply and click 'Export'.
The export will be sent to the email address of the user who generated the Stock Movement Export. The export will be sent instantaneously. For exports that have a wider date range (e.g., for a year or more), please allow some time for the system to complete generating the export, then refresh your inbox.
Learn what each of the filters in your Stock Movement Report means so that you can use them accordingly to tailor your export.
Check your inbox for the email titled: 'Your CSV export' and click on 'Download'.
Depending on your Internet browser, the file automatically downloads to your Downloads folder, or you will be prompted to save the file. If prompted, browse to where you want to save the file, and then click Save.
Understanding the Filters
- Date Range - set the date range to see the stock movement made on a specific date range.
- Locations - set this filter if you want to see the stock movement done on a specific location in your QuickBooks Commerce account.
- Movement Types - filter specific stock movement types such as Stock Adjustments, Stock Transfers*, Purchases, Shipments, Returns, and Manufacturing.
- Variants - set this if you only want to see stock movements on all or specific variants.
- SKUs - set this if you want to view the stock movement of a specific SKU.
- Product Brands - allows you to see all stock movements related to a specific product brand.
- Product Types - allows you to see all stock movements related to a specific product type.
- Products - allows you to view all or specific products (i.e., variants).
1. If you audit the opening and closing stock across all locations for the month, remove the Stock Transfers* filter when generating your export.
2. You will only see 'Transfers' as an option under the Movement Types drop-down menu if you have multiple locations in your account. If you only have one location, the option will not show by default.
Please feel free to contact our support team if you have any questions.
Well done! 🥳 You have now completed exporting your stock movements.