For makers and small manufacturers usingTradeGecko for inventory management of products, Katana could be a valuable addition to manage raw material stock and the production process.
In short, if Katana +TradeGecko integration is activated, you can use "Katana" as a supplier name on purchase orders in TradeGecko to send the order information to Katana for further processing. When processing is finished in Katana, manufactured products are added to your TradeGecko inventory automatically.
Here's a more detailed overview of how the integration works:
1. Create a new purchase order in TradeGecko for products that need to be manufactured. Create or select “Katana” as a supplier, add products and create the purchase order.
Note: We recommend using the same currency for the supplier "Katana" in TradeGecko as your default currency in Katana. Find more info about TradeGecko currencies here and .
2. The purchase order from TradeGecko including all product variants is automatically imported to Katana as a sales order, which will appear in the "Sell" screen. Customer name in Katana will be "TradeGecko".
... and the detailed sales order card.
If a variant added to the purchase order in TradeGecko does not yet exist in Katana, a new variant is created automatically in Katana. Variants are matched by SKU code (called Variant Code in Katana).
- Any "Landed costs" added to the purchase order in TradeGecko will not be synced to Katana.
- Tax rates are not synced from TradeGecko and no tax is added to sales order lines in Katana by default.
- Any editing to orders (adding items, changing quantities etc.) already imported to Katana will not be synced from TradeGecko to Katana, or vice versa. Purchase Order data is only synced after the initial creation of the Purchase Order in TradeGecko.
3. For the sales order in Katana, click "Make to order" to push the order to the production schedule in the "Make" screen.
Then follow Katana'sto manage production activities, track material requirements, and order any missing raw materials.
4. When the production for all products on the imported order is finished, mark the manufacturing order as "Done" and the sales order as "Delivered" in Katana.
5. The related purchase order in TradeGecko is automatically marked as "Received"and the manufactured goods are added to TradeGecko product inventory.
The Item Cost on the Tradegecko purchase order will be updated to reflect the Moving Average Cost (MAC) of the product in Katana stock (unless MAC equals 0 or "null"). MAC in Katana is based on the manufacturing cost of the product, including theand costs.
Note: When a purchase order is initially imported to Katana, the "Price per unit" for items on the sales order reflects the "Item Cost" of those products in TradeGecko. However, when the production is finished, the "Price per unit" on the sales order in Katana is not updated to reflect the manufacturing cost. The initial "Price per unit" is kept for reference purposes, but the item costs synced back to TradeGecko will still reflect the actual manufacturing cost of those products.