Step 2: Connect EasyPost Fulfillment to CartRover as WMS
- CartRover retrieves new sales orders from each QuickBooks Commerce
- CartRover delivers the sales orders to EasyPost Fulfillment
- CartRover retrieves shipment tracking and inventory levels from EasyPost Fulfillment
- CartRover delivers shipment tracking and inventory levels to each QuickBooks Commerce
The frequency of each workflow step is configurable within your CartRover account. (Steps 1 and 4 are set in your cart settings) (Steps 2 and 3 are set in your merchant settings)
Credentials from EasyPost that are needed to setup this connection in CartRover. The setup guide will explain further instructions.
- Production API Key
- Test API Key
Important Integration Notes
Before setting up this connection to EasyPost Fulfillment, please review these important notes to ensure the integration is successful:
Backordered Inventory: Please be aware that EasyPost will reject your orders if they do not have enough inventory.
- CartRover will mark rejected orders as On Hold and will automatically resend them every day around 1:00 AM PT.
- You will need to handle Order Cancellation requests manually. If buyers cancel orders in Shopping Carts, please mark those orders as Cancelled Sending To WMS in CartRover.
Product Identifier: EasyPost Fulfillment requires that when CartRover passes orders to EasyPost, CartRover identifies orders using the barcode identifier within the EasyPost system (typically the UPC). If your order sources are not able to provide this barcode, you must add your order source product identifier (e.g. SKU) as an alias to the EasyPost barcode within CartRover, so that CartRover can translate the SKU to the barcode before passing orders to EasyPost. Instructions listed HERE.
EasyPost Fulfillment Setup Guide
1. Login to your EasyPost account
2. Click on your email in the upper left, then click API Keys
3. Click Add Additional API Key at the top of the page, then click Create API Key
4. Click the Copy icon next to the hidden key.
5. Paste the key into the CartRover WMS Setup tab.
6. Click on Test WMS Connection and then Save.
Test Mode (Optional)
Test mode allows you to send test orders to EasyPost that won't actually be shipped.
- The EasyPost Test API Key is found on the same page as the Production API Key
- When using the Test API Key, in CartRover WMS Setup page enable the EasyPost Test Mode field. Disable the field when you are ready to switch to production.
Failing Credentials: If your EasyPost Prod/Test API Keys are not testing successfully in CartRover, please contact EasyPost technical support. Your account may not be classified properly as a vendor account.