Step 2: Connect Wayfair to CartRover
- CartRover retrieves new orders from Wayfair
- CartRover delivers orders to TradeGecko
- CartRover retrieves shipment tracking and inventory levels from TradeGecko
- CartRover delivers shipment tracking, inventory levels, and invoice to Wayfair
Credentials from Wayfair that need to be entered in CartRover. The setup guide will explain how to request/obtain these:
- FTP Server (edi.wayfair.com)
- FTP Username
- FTP Password
- Supplier ID
Important Integration Notes
Before setting up this connection to Wayfair, please review these important notes to ensure the integration is successful:
File Format: CartRover supports the WayFair EDI Flat File format Version 2. Make sure to have Wayfair enable that format and not the full edi format.
Product SKUs: Make sure you setup your Wayfair part numbers to match your warehouse's primary SKU so that inventory levels will sync properly.
Shipping Labels: Cross Dock - Please make sure that order PO# is set on REF field of Shipping Label!
Inventory Sync: Please keep in mind that Wayfair has a 5-unit buffer in place. Wayfair will display "out of stock" once an item has less than 5 units in stock. This number can be lowered by Wayfair if you have a low backorder rate. Enable Wayfair inventory sync AT LEAST once every 8 hours in CartRover in order to prevent Wayfair issues.
Integrating with Wayfair is completed with the following steps:
Step 1: Download the "Wayfair Data Integration Requirements - Flat File" form.
Step 2: On page 2 of the form, fill out your contact info. Save the file.
Step 3: Enter a support ticket in the Wayfair Extranet to request a data connection. Attach the Wayfair DIR Flat File Form in your message (you may have to do this after creating the ticket).
You can paste the following message:
Wayfair Integrations team,
I would like to request a data integration using the Wayfair EDI Flat File format Version 2 for my company. I will be using the CartRover application for this connection and have filled out the "Wayfair Data Integration Requirements - Flat File" form. Please also provide FTP credentials and our Supplier ID.
Step 4: Whitelist the CartRover servers in your Wayfair Extranet account:
1. Navigate to More > Account Management > Supplier Account Details: https://partners.wayfair.com/account_details.php
2. Select the EDI/Marketing Data Transfer Methods tab
3. Enter each of the following IP address and press Add after adding each one:
Step 5: Setup a Wayfair cart in CartRover. (Carts tab > New Setup > Wayfair) Copy your FTP credentials and Supplier ID into the CartRover Wayfair Cart Setup page.
Step 6: Fill in your FTP directory path in CartRover. You can leave unknown directory fields blank.
Step 7: Click on Test button to validate your FTP credentials.
Step 8: Click on OK button to save the current page.
Step 9: Contact email@example.com to request to begin the testing process. Once testing is complete, Wayfair will move your account into production.
Setup From Address
Wayfair requires that you provide the address the goods shipped from. To do this:
- From the Merchant section in CartRover click on Products
- Select your warehouse from the list or add a new one if there isn't one.
- Click the Edit Warehouse button
- Click on Add Address and enter the address. You can leave additional fields like "AddressTypeCode" blank.
General Integration Guidelines
- Order IDs: Some warehouse management systems or other software have limitations on character types and length. Check with your provider and make sure that your order source is generating order IDs that are within those parameters. Cartrover provides a full Order Number in the field cust_po_no and a shortened but still unique order number in cust_ref.
- SKUs/Items/Product Codes: In order for any order interface to function properly, the SKUs in the order source must match the SKUs in your warehouse software. If your warehouse system does not recognize an incoming SKU, the order will be rejected. If the SKUs in the order source are different than the ones being used in your warehouse, then item aliases or promotional codes must be created for each corresponding item in your WMS.
- Initial Integration: When most new interfaces are configured and initiated, all recent open orders in the cart will be downloaded by CartRover. It is essential that all shipped orders are marked as closed/shipped in the cart/order source so that CartRover does not retrieve them.
- Test orders: It is highly recommended that all new integrations are verified by using test orders. This way it can be verified that item IDs and shipping codes are translating over correctly to your WMS.
- Basic Access Authentication: Each cart provides their own method of authentication. If you are hosting your own cart, do not turn on extra Basic Access Authentication or CartRover may not be able to access your cart's API endpoint (URL).
- Allow Incoming Traffic: CartRover uses the following IP addresses which you may need to whitelist: 188.8.131.52, 184.108.40.206