Step 2: Connect Jet to CartRover
- CartRover retrieves new orders from Jet
- CartRover delivers orders to QuickBooks Commerce
- CartRover retrieves shipment confirmation and inventory levels from QuickBooks Commerce
- CartRover delivers shipment confirmation and inventory levels to Jet
- API User (Leave it blank if the user account is still in Jet Runway activation mode)
- API Secret (Leave it blank if the user account is still in Jet Runway activation mode)
- test API User
- test API Secret
- Merchant ID
- Fulfillment Node ID
Important Note: Newly created Jet accounts will be in Test mode at first. Jet.com requires each user to finish Jet Runway Integration before getting into Live/Production mode. The instructions below will guide you through completing the Runway Integration so you can begin taking orders from Jet. If your Jet Partner account has already completed Runway Integration and(rocket icon) is clickable on the top right corner of the webpage, you can jump directly to Step 20.
1. Log in to the Jet Partner Portal, and click the API tab on the left side.
2. Click Get API Keys at the upper right.
3. Copy and paste API User & Secret fields into Test API User & Test API Secret on the CartRover new Cart setup page.
4. Make sure that Use testing mode is set to 'Yes' in CartRover.
Note: When testing, you can leave the first two fields in CartRover (API User and API Secret) blank. These instructions will have you fill those in after testing is complete.
5. Click the Fulfillment tab on the left side of the Jet Partner Portal.
6. Copy the Fulfillment Node ID that you wish to connect CartRover to, and paste it into Fulfillment Node ID fields in CartRover cart setup.
Important Note: CartRover will only process orders, inventory, and shipment for that specific Fulfillment Node ID.
7. Click the Test button in CartRover cart setup page. CartRover will begin performing the Jet Runway Integration. This make take a minute or two to complete.
If test shows successful message, please refresh Jet Partner Portal web page (F5) and click the API tab again. It will show that Products, Send Merchant SKU, Send Price, Send Inventory, and File Upload are checked.
8. Click OK button in CartRover to save current cart information temporarily. You can come back later to modify the cart setup.
9. To generate test orders in the Jet API tab, click on Order Generator in the API tab..
You will see the Generate Test Orders window. Enter 1 for the Number of orders to generate and select the correct Fulfillment Node (the one you choose in step 3) from the dropdown
10. Input CartRover Sys Testing Product as the SKU. Input any Order Quantity and leave Cancel Quantity as 0.
11. Click Generate Test Orders.
12. Enable the Order Download function for this cart in CartRover. After CartRover successfully pulls orders from Jet, Acknowledge orders will be marked as checked too.
13. You must now create a Shipment for that order and let CartRover send the shipping confirmation back to Jet. Jet will mark Ship Order as checked after it receives shipping confirmation.
14. Again, you must create another test order in Jet (by clicking Generate Test Orders). Set Cancel Quantity larger than 0 and smaller or equal to Order Quantity.
15. Let CartRover to pull orders again. After CartRover successfully pull orders from Jet, Cancel order will be checked.
16. Next, to generate test Returns in Jet, click on Return Generator.
A Generate Returns window will pop up. Select the Order ID for your first order that you marked as Shipped (You can look up the order ID in CartRover). The order at the top of the list will be the most recent order you created. Click Send Return Notification button to create a Return.
17. Let CartRover pull the returned order.
18. CartRover will retrieve return information, and display it in order details for that specific order ID. Moreover, CartRover will send you an email notification regarding return information. Clicking the link in email will bring you to a Return Order info page to resolve the returned order. When in Live mode, perform this step only after you have received the return back from the customer.
19. Fill out the Return form in CartRover. After successfully submitting a return confirmation, Jet will mark Complete return as checked too.
Testing Complete: You have now successfully completed the Jet Runway Integration. You can start your Live/Production selling when you are ready.
20. Go to your Jet shopping cart settings in CartRover where you will see the API User and API Secret fields.
21. In the Jet Partner Portal, click on the Dashboard tab, or click on
22. If you cannot find the information, click Live in the bottom left of the screen, then go to the API tab and click Get API Keys in the upper right.
23. In order to test Live/Production credentials, please make sure you set Use testing mode in CartRover to 'No'. Then click Test to test current Live/Production Jet API.
a. Use testing mode is a switch that lets CartRover switch between the Jet Test and Live/Production environment.
b. If you set Use testing mode to 'Yes', CartRover only uses the Test credentials. Otherwise, CartRover will use Live/Production credentials, which will directly link to users' Live Jet sales account.
c. It is highly suggested to perform several test orders by setting Use testing mode to 'Yes' first.
d. Double check the Use testing mode setting before finally click OK button to make sure you are in the correct mode before saving any changes.
24. Users can come back to edit cart setup anytime. Please contact CartRover support if you need assistance to setup Jet.com shopping cart.
General Integration Guidelines
- Order IDs: Some warehouse management systems or other software have limitations on character types and lengths. Check with your provider and make sure that your order source is generating order IDs that are within those parameters. Cartrover provides a full Order Number in the field cust_po_no and a shortened but still unique order number in cust_ref.
- SKUs/Items/Product Codes: In order for any order interface to function properly, the SKUs in the order source must match the SKUs in your warehouse software. If your warehouse system does not recognize an incoming SKU, the order will be rejected. If the SKUs in the order source are different than the ones being used in your warehouse, then item aliases or promotional codes must be created for each corresponding item in your WMS.
- Initial Integration: When most new interfaces are configured and initiated, all recent open orders in the cart will be downloaded by CartRover. It is essential that all shipped orders are marked as closed/shipped in the cart/order source so that CartRover does not retrieve them.
- Test orders: It is highly recommended that all new integrations are verified by using test orders. This way it can be verified that item IDs and shipping codes are translating over correctly to your WMS.
- Basic Access Authentication: Each cart provides its own method of authentication. If you are hosting your own cart, do not turn on extra Basic Access Authentication or CartRover may not be able to access your cart's API endpoint (URL).
- Allow Incoming Traffic: CartRover uses the following IP addresses which you may need to whitelist: 188.8.131.52, 184.108.40.206