Step 2: Connect Walmart to CartRover
- CartRover retrieves new orders from Walmart
- CartRover delivers orders to TradeGecko
- CartRover retrieves shipment tracking and inventory levels from TradeGecko
- CartRover delivers shipment tracking and inventory levels to Walmart
1. To obtain your API credentials, in your Walmart account, please click on the gear iconon the top right to open General Setting. Then click on the Consumer IDs & Private Keys tab under API section.
Important Note: If you do not see the API section, your account may have the wrong Role Type. Please contact the Walmart admin account owner to obtain API credentials.
2. Click on Generate Key(or Regenerate Key) button to obtain your Private Key.
3. Each time the Regenerate Key button is clicked, Walmart will deactivate your previous Private Key.
However, your Consumer ID and Channel Type code remain unchanged.
You can find your Channel Type Code from the bottom of the API page.
4. Copy and paste your Private Key, Consumer ID, and Channel Type Code into the CartRover Cart Setup page.
5. Select in CartRover if your connection is for Walmart Marketplace or DSV. If you need a connection to both systems, you will need to set up two Walmart carts in CartRover.
Please Note: CartRover does not provide the functionality to upload your new products to Walmart.com. To upload your products, you can use the Excel format provided by Walmart and send it to your Walmart rep. More info.
DSV Order Ship Node
If you are connecting to Walmart DSV (not Marketplace), the connection will also require you to enter your "DSV Order Ship Node". This is found in your Walmart DSV account in the Distributor ID field.
General Integration Guidelines
- Order IDs: Some warehouse management systems or other software have limitations on character types and length. Check with your provider and make sure that your order source is generating order IDs that are within those parameters. Cartrover provides a full Order Number in the field cust_po_no and a shortened but still unique order number in cust_ref.
- SKUs/Items/Product Codes: In order for any order interface to function properly, the SKUs in the order source must match the SKUs in your warehouse software. If your warehouse system does not recognize an incoming SKU, the order will be rejected. If the SKUs in the order source are different than the ones being used in your warehouse, then item aliases or promotional codes must be created for each corresponding item in your WMS.
- Initial Integration: When most new interfaces are configured and initiated, all recent open orders in the cart will be downloaded by CartRover. It is essential that all shipped orders are marked as closed/shipped in the cart/order source so that CartRover does not retrieve them.
- Test orders: It is highly recommended that all new integrations are verified by using test orders. This way it can be verified that item IDs and shipping codes are translating over correctly to your WMS.
- Basic Access Authentication: Each cart provides their own method of authentication. If you are hosting your own cart, do not turn on extra Basic Access Authentication or CartRover may not be able to access your cart's API endpoint (URL).
- Allow Incoming Traffic: CartRover uses the following IP addresses which you may need to whitelist: 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52