Step 2: Connect eBay to CartRover
Important Integration Notes
Before setting up this connection to eBay, please review these important notes to ensure the integration is successful:
By default, CartRover uses the eBay Item SKU when downloading orders. Please ensure that there is a matching SKU in your TradeGecko account first.
- CartRover retrieves new orders from eBay
- CartRover delivers orders to TradeGecko
- CartRover retrieves shipment tracking and inventory levels from TradeGecko
- CartRover delivers shipment tracking and inventory levels to eBay
1. When you add an eBay cart to CartRover you will first be asked to select which international marketplace to use. CartRover supports all eBay marketplaces.
2. On the New eBay, Setup page click the "Grant Us API Access" button.
3. A new window will open containing the eBay log-in screen. Log in and follow the dialogue to authorize CartRover to act on behalf of your eBay account. When complete, return to the CartRover window and it will let you know if the authorization was successful. If a new window does not open, please make sure you do not have a pop-up blocker enabled.
Please Note: If it says you have signed out of eBay, instead of bringing you to an eBay login screen, close your browser along with CartRover, and try again.
4. Fill out the rest of the setting on the page and click "OK." You can also click "Test" first to verify that the connection is successful.
General Integration Guidelines
- Order IDs: Some warehouse management systems or other software have limitations on character types and length. Check with your provider and make sure that your order source is generating order IDs that are within those parameters. Cartrover provides a full Order Number in the field cust_po_no and a shortened but still unique order number in cust_ref.
- SKUs/Items/Product Codes: In order for any order interface to function properly, the SKUs in the order source must match the SKUs in your warehouse software. If your warehouse system does not recognize an incoming SKU, the order will be rejected. If the SKUs in the order source are different than the ones being used in your warehouse, then item aliases or promotional codes must be created for each corresponding item in your WMS.
- Initial Integration: When most new interfaces are configured and initiated, all recent open orders in the cart will be downloaded by CartRover. It is essential that all shipped orders are marked as closed/shipped in the cart/order source so that CartRover does not retrieve them.
- Test orders: It is highly recommended that all new integrations are verified by using test orders. This way it can be verified that item IDs and shipping codes are translating over correctly to your WMS.
- Basic Access Authentication: Each cart provides their own method of authentication. If you are hosting your own cart, do not turn on extra Basic Access Authentication or CartRover may not be able to access your cart's API endpoint (URL).
- Allow Incoming Traffic: CartRover uses the following IP addresses which you may need to whitelist: 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11