Step 2: Connect Shippo to CartRover as WMS
1. In CartRover, on the WMS Setup tab, select Shippo from the dropdown menu and then click "Grant US API Access".
2. If have a Shippo account setup already, click "Log in" at the bottom. If not, fill out the form and click "SIGN UP" to create a new Shippo account.
3. If setting up a new account, you will be prompted to Add a Credit Card.
4. After adding your credit card, you will be asked to connect with CartRover. Click Yes.
5. Click Test WMS Connection. Then click Save.
- CartRover retrieves new orders from TradeGecko
- CartRover delivers orders to Shippo
- CartRover retrieves shipment confirmation from Shippo
- CartRover delivers shipment confirmation to TradeGecko.
General Integration Guidelines
- Order IDs: Some warehouse management systems or other software have limitations on character types and length. Check with your provider and make sure that your order source is generating order IDs that are within those parameters. Cartrover provides a full Order Number in the field cust_po_no and a shortened but still unique order number in cust_ref.
- SKUs/Items/Product Codes: In order for any order interface to function properly, the SKUs in the order source must match the SKUs in your warehouse software. If your warehouse system does not recognize an incoming SKU, the order will be rejected. If the SKUs in the order source are different than the ones being used in your warehouse, then item aliases or promotional codes must be created for each corresponding item in your WMS.
- Initial Integration: When most new interfaces are configured and initiated, all recent open orders in the cart will be downloaded by CartRover. It is essential that all shipped orders are marked as closed/shipped in the cart/order source so that CartRover does not retrieve them.
- Test orders: It is highly recommended that all new integrations are verified by using test orders. This way it can be verified that item IDs and shipping codes are translating over correctly to your WMS.
- Basic Access Authentication: Each cart provides their own method of authentication. If you are hosting your own cart, do not turn on extra Basic Access Authentication or CartRover may not be able to access your cart's API endpoint (URL).
- Allow Incoming Traffic: CartRover uses the following IP addresses which you may need to whitelist: 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11