Step 2: Connect Squarespace to CartRover
1. In the Squarespace Home Menu, click Settings, then click Advanced.
2. Click on API Keys
3. Click Create Key
4. Under API Key Scope, check Orders. (Orders only appears in the Commerce Advanced plan.)
5. Click Next
6. Copy your unique API key and enter this API Key into CartRover on the Squarespace Cart Setup page.
When you get this key:
- Keep it secure. Treat your API key like you would treat any account password.
- Copy and save it for your records. For security, we don’t store your API key. There’s no way to retrieve it once you close the window, but if you lose it, you can always create a new one.
You can follow the steps above again to create multiple keys.
- CartRover retrieves new orders from Squarespace
- CartRover delivers orders to TradeGecko
- CartRover retrieves shipment tracking from TradeGecko
- CartRover delivers shipment tracking to Squarespace.
General Integration Guidelines
- Order IDs: Some warehouse management systems or other software have limitations on character types and length. Check with your provider and make sure that your order source is generating order IDs that are within those parameters. Cartrover provides a full Order Number in the field cust_po_no and a shortened but still unique order number in cust_ref.
- SKUs/Items/Product Codes: In order for any order interface to function properly, the SKUs in the order source must match the SKUs in your warehouse software. If your warehouse system does not recognize an incoming SKU, the order will be rejected. If the SKUs in the order source are different than the ones being used in your warehouse, then item aliases or promotional codes must be created for each corresponding item in your WMS.
- Initial Integration: When most new interfaces are configured and initiated, all recent open orders in the cart will be downloaded by CartRover. It is essential that all shipped orders are marked as closed/shipped in the cart/order source so that CartRover does not retrieve them.
- Test orders: It is highly recommended that all new integrations are verified by using test orders. This way it can be verified that item IDs and shipping codes are translating over correctly to your WMS.
- Basic Access Authentication: Each cart provides their own method of authentication. If you are hosting your own cart, do not turn on extra Basic Access Authentication or CartRover may not be able to access your cart's API endpoint (URL).
- Allow Incoming Traffic: CartRover uses the following IP addresses which you may need to whitelist: 188.8.131.52, 184.108.40.206