Step 2: Connect Volusion to CartRover
1. Make sure you setup a special user just for API Access with Super Admin Access. Do not use this user for any other purpose and do not login with it after setting up the API!
- If you cannot (or will not) provide super admin access, you must setup an Admin user and ask Volusion support to enable the following access keys:
- Import, Export, API, Administrators, Shipping Methods, Orders, Customers, Products
2. If you don't already have your encrypted password, follow these directions:
- Go to the Inventory > Import/Export menu.
- Click the Volusion API tab.
- Under the Generic section, click the Volusion API Integration Help link at the bottom of the page.
- Follow the image below to find your Encrypted Password:
- Official Volusion instructions (in case anything has changed): https://support.volusion.com/article/where-do-i-find-information-volusion-api
3.Enable the Generic order interface
- Go to: Inventory > Import/Export -> Volusion API
- Click Enable under the Generic section of the page. Once completed it will look like the following:
Important Note - Product Options
Volusion allows for "Options" on a product. These should be used for things like different sizes or colors of a product.
Each Option must have a unique SKU in order for CartRover to properly keep track of its inventory. These can be automatically generated by Volusion by enabling Options Inventory Control Grid for each product with Options, which can be found in Inventory > Products >[Product Name] under the Options section in Basic Info.
CartRover will only retrieve orders with an Order Status of "Processing". Orders are automatically set to this after their payment has been received. See here for more details concerning order statuses.
Note that cash or free orders will not be put in the Processing status automatically so you will need to update those before they will be picked up.
Supported Sync Workflows:
1. Order Import
- CartRover retrieves new orders from Volusion
- CartRover delivers orders to TradeGecko
2. Shipment Confirmation
- CartRover retrieves shipment confirmation from TradeGecko
- CartRover delivers shipment update to Volusion
3. Inventory Sync
- CartRover retrieves inventory levels from TradeGecko
- CartRover delivers inventory levels to Volusion
General Integration Guidelines
- Order IDs: Some warehouse management systems or other software have limitations on character types and length. Check with your provider and make sure that your order source is generating order IDs that are within those parameters. Cartrover provides a full Order Number in the field cust_po_no and a shortened but still unique order number in cust_ref.
- SKUs/Items/Product Codes: In order for any order interface to function properly, the SKUs in the order source must match the SKUs in your warehouse software. If your warehouse system does not recognize an incoming SKU, the order will be rejected. If the SKUs in the order source are different than the ones being used in your warehouse, then item aliases or promotional codes must be created for each corresponding item in your WMS.
- Initial Integration: When most new interfaces are configured and initiated, all recent open orders in the cart will be downloaded by CartRover. It is essential that all shipped orders are marked as closed/shipped in the cart/order source so that CartRover does not retrieve them.
- Test orders: It is highly recommended that all new integrations are verified by using test orders. This way it can be verified that item IDs and shipping codes are translating over correctly to your WMS.
- Basic Access Authentication: Each cart provides their own method of authentication. If you are hosting your own cart, do not turn on extra Basic Access Authentication or CartRover may not be able to access your cart's API endpoint (URL).
- Allow Incoming Traffic: CartRover uses the following IP addresses which you may need to whitelist: 220.127.116.11, 18.104.22.168