Step 2: Connect PrestaShop to CartRover
1. In your PrestaShop admin, to find your API Key and Password go to the Advanced Parameters tab on the left-hand navigation menu in PrestaShop and then click on Webservice.
2. Click Add new webservice key in the upper right
3. Click Generate!
4. Enter a description for your reference like: “Connected to QuickBooks Commerce via CartRover”
5. For quick setup: click the top row of checkboxes for View(GET) and Modify(PUT)
6. For more security, click the following boxes instead:
For the View column select: addresses, carriers, carts, categories, combinations, configurations. contacts, currencies, countries, customer_messages, customer_threads, customers, deliveries, all fields starting with order_, orders, all fields starting with product_, products, shops, states, all fields starting with stock_, stocks, tax_rule_groups, tax_rules, taxes, warehouses, weight_ranges, zones.
7. For the Modify column select: order_details, orders, products, stock_availables
8. Click Save at the bottom right
9. Enter the API Key and your store URL into CartRover.
10. Make sure the Enable Web Service box is set to Yes.
Supported Sync Workflows:
1. Order Import
- CartRover retrieves new orders from PrestaShop
- CartRover delivers orders to QuickBooks Commerce
2. Shipment Confirmation
- CartRover retrieves shipment tracking from QuickBooks Commerce
- CartRover delivers shipment tracking to PrestaShop
3. Inventory Sync
- CartRover retrieves inventory levels from QuickBooks Commerce
- CartRover delivers inventory levels to PrestaShop
General Integration Guidelines
- Order IDs: Some warehouse management systems or other software have limitations on character types and lengths. Check with your provider and make sure that your order source is generating order IDs that are within those parameters. Cartrover provides a full Order Number in the field cust_po_no and a shortened but still unique order number in cust_ref.
- SKUs/Items/Product Codes: In order for any order interface to function properly, the SKUs in the order source must match the SKUs in your warehouse software. If your warehouse system does not recognize an incoming SKU, the order will be rejected. If the SKUs in the order source are different than the ones being used in your warehouse, then item aliases or promotional codes must be created for each corresponding item in your WMS.
- Initial Integration: When most new interfaces are configured and initiated, all recent open orders in the cart will be downloaded by CartRover. It is essential that all shipped orders are marked as closed/shipped in the cart/order source so that CartRover does not retrieve them.
- Test orders: It is highly recommended that all new integrations are verified by using test orders. This way it can be verified that item IDs and shipping codes are translating over correctly to your WMS.
- Basic Access Authentication: Each cart provides its own method of authentication. If you are hosting your own cart, do not turn on extra Basic Access Authentication or CartRover may not be able to access your cart's API endpoint (URL).
- Allow Incoming Traffic: CartRover uses the following IP addresses which you may need to whitelist: 220.127.116.11, 18.104.22.168