Merchants who also sell products on 3dcart can now import orders from 3dcart to their QuickBooks Commerce system for processing. Integrating your 3dcart store into QuickBooks Commerce can be done with the following steps:
Creating the QuickBooks Commerce API App
The first step in the process will be to create the REST API App on QuickBooks Commerce which will connect to your 3dcart store. The following assumes that you've already created your QuickBooks Commerce account and you have set up your profile. The following abridged version of the steps involved for creating the REST API app on QuickBooks Commerce for the use of 3dcart.
1. Log into your QuickBooks Commerce account
2. To register this application please click on the URL shown https://commerce.intuit.com/oauth/applications
3. Next, click on the "New Application" button and fill out the form that gets displayed
The form will contain the following fields:
A simple name for the app that will help you identify it on QuickBooks Commerce's API pages.
A simple description to further help you identify the App on your QuickBooks Commerce account
Your 3dcart store's main store URL.
- Support URL
The URL to your store's Support services. This can be either your contact us form, your terms and services, or any extra page that you may have created on your store for this purpose.
- Support Email
Your 3dcart store's main contact email address
- Settings URL
Your 3dcart store's myaccount page. (i.e. store_url/myaccount.asp)
- Icon (Optional)
You can use this optional function to upload an icon to the App to help you identify it on QuickBooks Commerce
- Redirect URI
The redirect URI to your QuickBooks Commerce REST API app. An example is provided for you in the line below the box between the <code> and </code> angle brackets.
Once you have finished filling out the form, click on Submit to continue.
Upon successful submission of the form, a new window will appear with additional information about your REST API App.
4. Copy the generated "Application ID" information into a blank notepad file and save for later.
5. Then copy the generated "Secret" key and also save this to your notepad file for later.
Beneath the main details section, you will see a button labeled "Create Privileged Token"
6. Click on the "Create Privileged Token" button to create a unique token for your 3dcart site.
7. Copy this token to your notepad file and save for later.
8. Lastly, look at the "Callback urls" section and click on "Authorize" and follow the page to authorize your app.
The next steps will be to add the Application ID, Secret Key and Token to your 3dcart store.
Adding It All to your 3dcart Store
- Now, Log into your 3dcart Online Store Manager
- Using the left-hand navigation menu, go to Modules
- Once there, use the search bar at the top to locate "QuickBooks Commerce Integration" from the list of Modules.
- Click on the "Enable" checkbox
- Then click on the "Settings" button to proceed
During the first steps of this article - when you created the REST API App - the instructions mentioned copying and pasting the Application ID, Secret Key and Token information to a notepad file. This information will now be added into the QuickBooks Commerce module on your 3dcart store.
- Copy/Paste the Application ID to the provided field
- Copy/Paste the Application Secret key to the provided field
- Copy/Paste the Access Token to the provided field.
Once all of the fields are populated, click "Save" at the top right of the screen, and you're done!