*Integrating your Shopify store with TradeGecko:
- Prep work within your Shopify store
- Installing your Shopify store on TradeGecko
- Location Mapping
- Finalizing your installation
- Reviewing and testing your integration settings
*If your product assortment contains bundles, pack sizes, manufactured variants and/or batch & expiry tracked items contact support so we can help you get set up.
Step 1 of 5:
Prep work within your Shopify store
- Reviewing your Product SKUs in Shopify
TradeGecko uses SKUs to identify and link inventory between Shopify and TradeGecko in order to facilitate inventory updates and streamline order management.
Before proceeding to the next step, go into your Shopify account and ensure that each product and variant have unique SKUs.Note
Learn more about SKUs and why you need to start using them today.
Reviewing your Existing Installed Apps (optional)
One of TradeGecko’s main benefits is to provide your business with centralized inventory control and automation.
If you are currently using any apps or integrations that update your inventory levels, we recommend that you uninstall them prior to integrating TradeGecko and Shopify.
Step 2 of 5:
Installing your Shopify store on TradeGecko
Here we’ll cover:
1. The installation process
Go to the TradeGecko App Store by clicking 'Browse Apps' on the left sidebar.
Click on eCommerce, then click on the Shopify tile.
Click the 'Install App' button.
Then, follow the step-by-step instructions provided by the setup wizard. As you only have 1 Shopify store, select 'I’m selling on one Shopify store' from the dropdown menu and enter your store’s address.
- Click the 'Connect Shopify' button. You’ll be redirected to your Shopify account’s admin page in a new tab.
- Grant TradeGecko access to your Shopify account so that it can become your business’ master of inventory.
- TradeGecko will now have read/write permissions for the following Shopify data - at this point in the installation, TradeGecko will not modify any of these data:
- All product information
- Sales orders
2. Initial Product & Order Import
From within the TradeGecko installation wizard, choose how you would like your products and order information to be imported from Shopify into TradeGecko.
Match & import products
|During installation, TradeGecko will identify and match products in Shopify using the SKU.
Don’t import existing products now
|During installation, TradeGecko will not import or match any products from Shopify. Select this option if you:
Importing unfulfilled orders
- Yes, import my unfulfilled orders now: If selected during installation, TradeGecko will import all orders that have unfulfilled status from Shopify. Our customers select this option if they have recent unfulfilled orders and want to keep a record in TradeGecko.
- No, only import new orders: If selected during installation, TradeGecko will not import any historical orders created prior to the installation. Our customers select this option if they do not want a record of historical orders in TradeGecko.
- If you had selected 'Match & import products', when you create a new product in Shopify, TradeGecko will import the product as a new product.
- If you had selected 'Don’t import existing products now', when you create a new product in Shopify, TradeGecko will import the product into the system.
- TradeGecko will import all new orders with any status.
- If historical orders are imported into TradeGecko, it will commit inventory to the order, making it unavailable for sale until the order is canceled or fulfilled.
3. Product Sync
From within the TradeGecko installation wizard, choose how you would like your product information to sync between TradeGecko and Shopify.
- Sync all product information: TradeGecko will become your business’ master of inventory and product details. Once connected, any future updates that you want to make to your Shopify products should be done from within TradeGecko. This could include stock levels, prices, images or product information.
- Sync product prices & stock levels: TradeGecko will only be the master of your product prices and stock levels. Once connected, TradeGecko will only update your Shopify product prices and stock levels whenever there are changes in stock levels or prices.
- Don’t sync any product information: TradeGecko will not change or update your products on Shopify. Once connected, TradeGecko will only import and manage orders from Shopify.
- Select 'Sync all product information' if:
- you have removed any installed apps that could change product inventory
- you have reviewed your Shopify settings including inventory and product SKUs. Product information in TradeGecko must be congruent with product information in Shopify, as TradeGecko will become your business’ master of inventory and product details
- you are ready to go live with TradeGecko
- Select 'Sync product prices & stock levels' if any of the following applies to you:
- you manage multi-language stores.
- you use specific services to customize product descriptions, images, and titles on Shopify
- you will only rely on TradeGecko to manage orders, prices and stock levels
- If you haven’t reviewed your product SKUs or inventory on Shopify, select 'Don’t sync any product information'. This is a safe option for most merchants as TradeGecko will only sync orders from Shopify.
4. Price List Sync
If you selected the following sync settings in the above Product Sync step - 'All Product Information' or 'Product Prices & Stock Levels' – you can map your Shopify price list to an existing price list in TradeGecko.
By doing so, TradeGecko will become the master of price and update/sync any price list changes to your Shopify store.
If you want to create a new price list by importing your product prices from Shopify, you can do so by clicking the '+ Create a New Price List' option shown below.
Step 3 of 5:
Let’s set up your fulfillment and inventory locations in TradeGecko. TradeGecko will automatically detect locations within your Shopify account, create identical locations in TradeGecko and import the listed stock levels.
Learn how to modify your integration’s location settings if you currently hold stock in multiple locations.
Step 4 of 5:
Finalizing your Installation
Finally, TradeGecko allows you to review the integration settings.
If you're satisfied with all the configurations, click 'Confirm' and TradeGecko will begin importing information based on the sync details you selected.
Once the import is complete, you’ll receive an email from TradeGecko. 😃
If your store has a large number of products (>10,000 variants), it may take between 3-6 hours for the import process to complete. Do not change any settings in the interim.
To review the status of your integration and sync, click on the 'My Apps' tab on the left sidebar and select your Shopify store.
Step 5 of 5:
Review and Test your Integration Settings
Once your installation and import have been successfully completed, you’ll want to review and test the integration:
Reviewing your Products
Go to the My Apps section, click on your Shopify store and click the Products Listing tab and select Show 'Unlinked Only' from the drop-down menu to highlight if there are any products that were not imported successfully, matched or linked.
Reviewing your Orders
If you chose to import unfulfilled orders, you can review them by clicking here.
To see if there are any orders that were not imported successfully, go to the 'My Apps' tab and click on your Shopify store and click the 'Orders Listing' tab. Follow the quick tutorial below:
Congratulations - you’re done!
With the installation and integration complete, your products will have been imported successfully into TradeGecko. If you face any discrepancies, please reach out to our friendly Gecko Gurus who can assist.