First, your contacts' information into the app so you can use these details in future purchase and sales orders. It's simple and eliminates the need for messy address books or disorganized filing systems around the office.
1. In the Main Tools menu, click on either New Customer or New Supplier. You can also choose to import your contacts via CSV. Refer to this article for more information on importing contacts.
2. This opens the form where you can start entering the company details. Make sure to enter as much information as possible, to make it easier to contact and reference the relationship in the future. For customers, you will see a field to select Customer Type to be Business customer or Consumer. Business customers refer to your wholesale customers, usually companies that operate their own retail businesses.
3. Next you have default settings where you can set a few defaults from Tax type to Discounts.
4. Enter the company's address details. You can add more addresses (Billing, Shipping, Head Office, etc.) from the company's relationship page later. You can leave this blank right now, if you want to add addresses later.
5. Click Create and you are done. The new relationship should now appear on your relationships page.