- You can use Stock Adjustment to increase or decrease your product quantity.
- Creating a New Stock Adjustment will affect your Moving Average Cost or MAC. For example, if you have damaged goods or you received promotional goods you didn't pay for, you need to create a Stock Adjustment and factor the cost to your product current Moving Average Cost
- However, if you wish to adjust your stock levels as a result of performing a stocktake, you should use TradeGecko’s Stocktake tool instead of as this does not affect your MAC. If you are unsure which tool to use, read more in this article.
- As doing a stock adjustment affects your Moving Average Cost, Stock On Hand & Cost of Goods Sold, it is important to understand how your MAC works.
To create a stock adjustment
Go to Stock Control > Stock Adjustments > click Create New and choose New Stock Adjustment from the drop-down menu.
First, choose the Stock Location of the stock that needs to be adjusted.
Select an adjustment reason - the available Stock Adjustment reasons are:
- New Products
- Production of goods
- Promotional Goods
- Deplete for a bundle and hamper
Enter the stock variant that needs to be adjusted. Also, enter the amount of stock that needs to be adjusted.
If you have incurred more or fewer costs and wish to adjust your cost via a stock adjustment, you can edit the Cost Per Item field when the quantity change is positive.
- For example, for promotional goods that are given to you for free, you can change the cost per item to zero. The MAC will be recalculated accordingly for your variant.
Add a note if required and click 'Save'. Your changes have now been updated.
Take a moment to review the stock adjustment summary. If you made a mistake, you can void the Stock Adjustment.
Q: I have a lot of products to adjust, can I do this in bulk?
A: Yes, select the "Import via CSV" button at the top right portion of the screen. It will require you to upload a CSV file that has 2 columns:
- Column 1 is the SKU of the products you'll adjust.
- Column 2 can be either the Quantity (which you'd like to add or subtract from your current Stock on Hand) or the actual Stock on Hand value of your products. Just name the column header accordingly.
Q: I have batch tracked products, what should I do?
You can follow the instructions on this article.