When you create a Purchase Order on TradeGecko a Bill will be created on QuickBooks. All line items on the Purchase Order, will push on the same Bill (including the landed costs i.e. freight, duty, shipping etc).
Here's how Purchase Orders work with us:
- Creating Purchase Order will increase Purchases account, decrease Accounts Payable.
- Receiving Purchase Order will increase Stock On Hand, decrease Stock Purchases account.
To separate landed costs from the bill, you need to split the bill into multiple bills by following these steps:
- Log into your QuickBooks account.
- Duplicate the bill on QuickBooks, and remove all line items except for the landed cost. Choose the correct vendor for the landed cost.
- Go to the original bill, remove the landed cost line items and save.
- You will now have 2 bills, one with the stock items addressed to the supplier, and another with the landed cost addressed to the correct vendor.
The table below shows how elements of a Purchase Order sync over to QuickBooks.
For sales invoices, understand the sync details between TradeGecko and Quickbooks by reading this article.