This article discusses the sync details between TradeGecko's Stock Adjustments and QuickBooks Online (QBO) Stock Journals.
On TradeGecko the Stock Adjustment feature is primarily intended to be used to absorb the stock. This includes products you might not have paid for that were a gift from a supplier or damaged stock that you can no longer sell.
✅ We recommend creating stock adjustments for:
- Damaged goods or shrinkage
- Goods that are given for promotion
- Differences in stock levels from stock take
❌ We do not recommend creating stock adjustments for:
- Manufacturing products (Bill of Materials)
- Managing WIP goods
- Entering in stock for new products. We recommend creating a Purchase Order instead.
- Recognizing returns on orders. You can mark returns within an order itself.
Stock adjustments are consolidated and sent daily to QuickBooks Online (at 00:00 GMT) 🕛
The stock adjustment will affect two of the ledger accounts in your QBO account:
- Stock on Hand
- Inventory Adjustment ledger account
Inventory Adjustment ledger account is chosen based on the reason for stock adjustment so you can track the amount of inventory adjustment you made for shrinkage or promotion in QuickBooks Online.
Learn how to set up the inventory adjustment ledger account for QuickBooks Online, here.
If you make a positive stock adjustment, your QuickBooks Online account should reflect:
- The debit for Stock on Hand
- Credit for the chosen Inventory Adjustment ledger account
If you make a negative stock adjustment, your QuickBooks Online account should reflect:
- Credit for Stock on Hand
- The debit for the chosen Inventory Adjustment ledger account
You can see all the journal entries in QuickBooks Online, under Journal Report.