Stock adjustments are consolidated and sent daily to QuickBooks(at 00:00 GMT) as a stock journal with COGS and SOH line items.
All other aspects of Stock Adjustments in TradeGecko will not be synced to Quickbooks e.g. stock adjustment number, location, reasons for stock adjustment, supplier code, stock adjustment date, individual line items etc.
We recommend creating stock adjustments for:
- Damaged good or shrinkage
- Goods given for promotion
- Differences in Stock levels from stock takes
We do not recommend creating stock adjustments for:
- Manufacturing products (Bill of Materials)
- Managing WIP goods
- Entering in stock for new products. We recommend creating a Purchase Order instead.
- Recognising returns on orders. You can mark returns within an order itself.
If you make a positive stock adjustment you should see a +SOH, -COGS change reflected on your QuickBooks account.
Conversely, if you make a negative stock adjustment you should see a - SOH, +COGS change reflected on your QuickBooks account.