On TradeGecko the Stock Adjustment feature is primarily intended to be used to absorb stock. This includes products you might not have paid for that were a gift from a supplier or damaged stock that you can no longer sell.
We recommend creating stock adjustments for:
- Damaged goods or shrinkage
- Goods given for promotion
- Differences in Stock levels from stock takes
We do not recommend creating stock adjustments for:
- Manufacturing products (Bill of Materials)
- Managing WIP goods
- Entering in stock for new products. We recommend creating a Purchase Order instead.
- Recognising returns on orders. You can mark returns within an order itself.
Stock adjustments are consolidated and sent daily to Xero (at 00:00 GMT) as a stock journal with COGS and SOH line items.
If you make a positive stock adjustment you should see a +SOH, -COGS change reflected on your Xero account.
Conversely, if you make a negative stock adjustment you should see a - SOH, +COGS change reflected on your Xero account.
Stock adjustments can be found in your Xero account via, Accounts > Purchases > Bills.
It will include a Stock on Hand adjustment and a Cost of Goods Sold line item.