In this article:
- Send automatic shipping emails to your Shopify customers
- Disable future sync of Product Description
- Set a channel name for your Shopify store
- Select Sync mode
- Import your Shopify customers as either consumers or business customers
- Assign orders from different Shopify locations to specific TradeGecko locations
- Set the Retail price list to sync with your Shopify store
- Set up the Compare At price list to sync with your Shopify store.
- Sync you store inventory level with a specific TradeGecko location.
1. Enable Shipping Notifications to your Shopify Customers
Fulfilling sales order on TradeGecko
If you want your customers to receive an automated mail when their order has been shipped, you can do so by enabling shipping notifications via your Shopify Channel Settings page. Go to My Apps> Shopify> Settings, check the box named “Send automatic shipping emails via Shopify”.
Once this option is enabled, Shopify will automatically send a shipping notification to the customer when you fulfil an order on TradeGecko.
2. Disable future sync of Product Description
If this option is enabled, your product description will no longer be synced from Shopify and vice versa. However, existing product descriptions will still remain.
3. Set a Custom Internal Name for your Shopify Store
If you have more than one Shopify store integrated with your TradeGecko account, it might be useful to name them with unique identifiers to avoid mixing up stores.
Do set up a unique store name for internal use, go to your Shopify Settings Page.
Fill in the field for Channel Name. Save the changes. You should see the change in name reflected on your app side-bar.
4. Select Sync mode
Default mode: two way sync for all product and stock updates.
Price and Stock Level mode: TradeGecko does not touch attributes other than price and stock level.
Orders only: Only orders will be synced. Changes to products and stock levels will not be synced.
5. Import your Shopify customers as either consumers or business customers.
When an order comes into TradeGecko via your Shopify store a relationship will automatically created on Tradegecko using the customer information on the order.
You can choose the type of relationship you want these customers to come in as; either as consumers or as business customers.
To set this up, go to your Shopify Settings page and scroll to the dropdown box name “ Import customers as”. Select the customer type and then save the changes.
Relationships created from new orders coming through shopify will reflect your chosen customer type.
6. Assign orders from different Shopify locations to specific TradeGecko locations
If you have multiple Shopify locations you may need different Shopify locations to be assigned to different locations on TradeGecko. To link a specific store to a specific location go to your Shopify Settings Page.
Scroll to the sections listing your Shopify locations. You will be able to match each store location to a TradeGecko location.
Save the changes.
Orders coming in will be automatically assigned to the TradeGecko locations you specified.
7. Set the retail price list to sync with your Shopify store
To set a price list on TradeGecko as your Retail price list on Shopify, go to the Shopify Settings Page and scroll down to the Price List section.
Select the price list from the dropdown options and then save the changes. Changes made to this price list on TradeGecko will be updated on your Shopify store.
8. Set up the Compare At price list to sync with your Shopify store.
Shopify’s Compare At Price refers to the price of an item on your Shopify store front when it has been discounted.
To set up Compare At Prices for your products you will first need to to set up a Price list with all of the compare at prices.
Once you have set up your Compare At price list. Go into your Shopify Settings on TradeGecko. You will see a section for your Price List Settings.
You can update both your Retail Price List and your Compare At Price List from the dropdown boxes.
If you choose not to sync a Compare At Price List, your Compare At Price on your Shopify account will be $0.00. No value will be displayed on your store.
You can also set up Compare At price at the variant level. To do so, go into your Inventory and select the variant you want to set up the Compare At price for.
Here, you can input the price for this variant in your Compare At Price List and then save it.
The Compare At price for this Variant will then be updated.
9. Sync your store inventory level with a specific TradeGecko location.
You can select a TradeGecko warehouse that you want your eCommerce store stock levels to sync with. To do so go to your Shopify Settings page on your TradeGecko account and scroll down to the Stock Location section.
You can either choose to sync your store with all locations or with one particular location. Click on Save Changes and you’re done.