TradeGecko’s Intelligence, Sales Order Reports provide you with the following business metrics:
- Total sales: Refers to the sum of all your sales, inclusive of discounts. This metric excludes taxes and will be displayed in the base currency of the account.
- Realized profit: Refers to the profit from goods that have already been shipped.
- Potential profit: Refers to the profit you stand to gain from committed stock that have yet to be shipped.
- Realized cost of goods: Refers to the cost of orders that have already been shipped
- Potential cost of goods: Refers to the cost of goods that have yet to be shipped.
- Realized tax: Refers to the tax on items that have already been shipped.
- Potential tax: Refers to tax on goods that have yet to be shipped.
- Realized discount: Refers to the the discount on goods that have already been shipped.
- Potential discount: Refers to the discount in goods that have yet to be shipped.
- Quantity: Number of units of a SKU
You can filter all your sales reports by:
- Customer name
- Customer type
- Shipping destination
- Sales order creation date
You can also save your reports for future reference.
Now let’s take a look at what the Intelligence-Sales Reports page looks like.
On the top left hand corner you have a dashboard with your Total Sales, COGS and Profit. On the right you have a list of your top performing variants.
Below you will see a list of built-in, preset reports. You can customize each preset and save it as a new report.
Select the type of report you want to get started on.
For the purposes of this example let's run a report on the sales of a company over the last 30 days, by location.
So first select the location tab on the dashboard.
You can now set up the parameters you want the report to work with. On the top right hand corner you have the date range and on the left you have the button to set up your dimensions.
Let’s set up the date range first. You can either manually select the date range or you can choose from of the pre-defined range that we provide.
Let’s select the Last 30 days as our range. Click on apply.
Next let’s select the filters.
We want to filter the report by company, so select the field for company.
Next list the company whose sales you want to see.
Click Filter Report.
And there you have it! A report showing you a list of Wonka Candy’s sales, aggregated by location and sorted by total sales, for the past month.
From the graph and the table below, we can see that the TG store location performed significantly better than the other two locations.
If you want to add more metrics to the report, no problem! Simply click on the Options button above the table and choose the metric you want to add on.
Finally if you want to save this report, simply click on the Save to My Reports button at the top right hand corner of the page.
A pop up such as the one below will appear.
Name the report, select if you want to keep the same data range and click on Add the Report.
The report will now appear on the app manager on the left and is easily accessible in the future!
When used in tandem, the metrics and filters can produce useful insights into the performance and health of your business and your team. Find out more about some of our most popular reports:
- The Sales over Time report for Customer
If you are a wholesaler this is report could be very useful for you. Using this report you can determine which of your customers have ordered the highest number of goods from you over a specified period of time. This is helpful when you need to decide on custom price lists discount rates for those customers. Adversely it also shows you which customers are not purchasing as much, allowing you and your team to re-strategize on how to increase sales in those areas.
- The Sales over Time report for Product
This report is useful for any business owner. Find out which of your products are repeatedly best sellers month on month and make sure you are always stocked and ready to sell. Find out which products are just taking up space on your shelves and discontinue them or order small quantities from your supplier. Do the sales of certain products rise and fall over the year? Detect a trend in sales using this report and anticipate these slumps and swells well in advance.
- The Sales over Time report for Assignee
If you run a competitive sales team then this report is perfect for you. Filter your Sales over a specific period of time for each of your team members to have a clear view of who is selling the most and who is not hitting their targets. You can also note trends like team members who initially sold low amounts but are steadily increasing their numbers. What a time saver!