Before you start...
First, create products in your TradeGecko account if you have not imported any during your account setup. Once that is done, all your products will be publicly available and presented in the default layout in TradeGecko under B2B eCommerce tab > Products.
You can access and set up your B2B eCommerce Platform from the main navigation bar on TradeGecko. To view your Dashboard, click on the B2B eCommerce tab where you will see an overview of your B2B sales, top customers and top products.
Configure your B2B eCommerce Settings
Go to 'Settings' on the bottom of the sub-navigation bar:
From here you will be able to view and make changes to five main settings: General, Orders, Pricing, Tax and Shipping, Payments and Maintenance Mode.
At the top of the page is your Store URL as well as the option to click on ‘Visit your B2B store’ button.
From here you will be able to view your Store URL as well as follow the link to Visit your B2B store (top right-hand corner).
Here are some settings for your B2B store:
- Set Stock Location Fallback - used for customers who do not have a default warehouse location.
- Select if you wish to show complete order history from all sales channels
- Set the default status for orders created by your customers
- Select if you Require SKU Minimum Order Quantity (MOQ) on B2B Sales Orders
- Select if you want customers to receive order confirmation emails
- Set your Tax Treatment
- Set Price List Fallback - used for customers who do not have a default price list.
- Select if you wish to implement Fixed Cost Shipping
Accepting the B2B Invitation
Once you have sent an invitation to one of your Business consumers, they will receive an invitation to your B2B eCommerce Portal that'll look like this:
Creating an Account in your B2B store
Once your customers click the link, they will be redirected to create an account in your B2B store. Upon account creation, they will be able to login to your store and shop till their heart’s content! 🛍😍
Here we have an example of what TradeGecko’s store looks like:
*The depiction of products or images is for demonstration purposes only.
Your customer will see your company name and your store name.
Should your customers require multiple logins, they can switch between companies via the Account Settings dropdown.
You can also add a filter by tag option, for your invited customers to search your products easily.
You can do so by checking your theme settings. Follow the simple instructions to enable the function here.
Make a New Order
Find the product you are looking for and click on ‘Order Now’. The variants within the product will appear.
Then, select the number of products required and ‘Add to Order’ which will then be viewable in their cart. Once added, the status will change to ‘In Order’. If a product is ‘Out of Stock’, they will not be able to select the product.
- Products placed in the cart will only remain so for that particular user/contact.
- A different user/contact from the same company, who is logged in at the same time, will not see their products in the cart as we do not support multi-usage.
- If a customer is logged on to the store on two different browsers simultaneously, the products placed in the cart of one browser will not show up in the other.
Once the items have been added to the order, customers can click on the ‘Confirm Order’ option by scrolling up to the top of the page.
Have you read this article on placing an order in your B2B store? Better late than never!
Once they click on ‘Submit Order’, they will then receive an order confirmation email! 😃
If your customer is a frequent visitor to your store and needs to order the same quantity of products as per their previous orders, did you know that a simpler way for them to do so would be to use the ‘Order History’ Tab?
In this tab, the customer can view a list of historical orders placed, as well as re-order products by simply clicking on the ‘Re-Order’ button.
And there you go – all set up for success!🎖
We have an upcoming webinar on how to get the most out of your B2B eCommerce Platform. Stay tuned as we will be updating with a link to the video soon!