Before you start the integration process, ensure your Shopify store has the following:
- Accurate stock levels are essential as TradeGecko imports stock levels upon integration. If you have stock across multiple locations, make sure your Shopify store reflects the total amount across all your locations before integrating.
- Uninstall any apps that affect your products, variants. Some popular inventory/pricing apps, do not work well with TradeGecko as they may create duplicates of your variants. If you are testing another inventory platform, be sure not to connect TradeGecko with it. Disconnect other platforms before connecting with TradeGecko and vice versa.
- Make sure all your products have SKUs. This is important to help you track your stock and sell across multiple channels.
Once you have completed the above steps, you may start the integration process.
Let's get started. In your app store click on the Shopify icon.
Here is an overview of how Shopify Syncs with TradeGecko
Insert your Shopify store URL into the field.
Install TradeGecko on your Shopify account and you will be redirected back to TradeGecko. Next, set up your Location and price lists.
Your Compare At prices refers to the discount price of items on your Shopify store. You can also create custom price lists later on.
Next, set Wholesale and Initial Cost Prices. This is optional as you would need to input an accurate Initial Cost Price which is required in calculating MAC. Read more about Initial Cost Price and MAC.
Next, select the type of sync that suits your business needs best!
The options are:
1. Default 2-way Sync
This means you will be managing your products from TradeGecko and all of your product and order details will be synced both ways.
2. Price and Stock Level Only
This means that TradeGecko will not sync any product or order attributes other than Price and Stock Levels with Shopify.
3. Orders only
This means that only Orders will sync between TradeGecko and Shopify. Your TradeGecko products will not sync with your Shopify products.
You can change this from Apps> Shopify> Settings anytime. Once you have select the option that suits you best, click Continue to proceed to the product import process.
There are two options:
1. Match & Import Products
All of your products from Shopify will be imported into TradeGecko. And if there is a match, we check the product name and then SKU so it is advisable to ensure your products names on Shopify and TradeGecko are identical.
2. Don't Import Products
If you do not want all of your products imported from Shopify and would prefer to select which ones to import at a later time, select this option.
Next, select if you wish to import open orders from Shopify at the point of integration.
- Once the integration is set up, you can choose to make changes to product information on either end, but changes to stock levels on Shopify will not be reflected in TradeGecko. Hence, we recommend making all changes to product information on TradeGecko.
- Variants that you create later can be published individually or in bulk to this Shopify store.
- Importing your products could take up to ten minutes depending on the number of products your are importing.
Once your products have been imported you will receive and email notification.
You have successfully set up your installation. To complete your TradeGecko-Shopify integration, set up your Initial Cost Price.
Setting your Initial Cost Price
Do not miss this step, as the Initial Cost Price can only be set up at this point of creating your account. Once your account is in full use, you will not be able to add the Initial Cost Price.
Follow the steps in this article to set your Initial Cost Price.
On the Price List Import/Export pop-out, select a price list from the dropdown menu to be your Initial Cost Price. Read this article to learn more about the Initial Cost Price.