To manually create a Sales Order go to the Sales Order section.
Click the Orders section and then click the “New Sales Order” button located near the top right-hand side of the screen.
You’ll be taken to the New Sales Order page where you can begin to populate the fields.
Select the customer from the dropdown box. If the customer is not listed, you can create a new customer now.
Once the customer has been selected, their default information will pre-populate the fields below. Review them to ensure they’re accurate.
At this point, a few things will happen:
- An order number will automatically generate (in the image above it’s SO0007), but you can change it if you so desire
- Within the reference field, you can enter the Customer’s Purchase Order Number
- Adjust the shipment date to the date when you’ll need to have the stock delivered
- State whether prices on the Sales Order will be tax inclusive or not
Once you’ve confirmed and filled out the fields at the top of the Sales Order, you can begin to add product variants to the order.
Type them into the Item Name field and select them from the dropdown list. Adjust the quantity, price and discount as required.
If needed, you can add additional charges to each Sales Order by clicking “Add a custom line item.” For example, you may want to add a charge for shipping, labels, setup, etc.
You can also add a note to the Sales Order at this time.
When your Sales Order is complete, you have two options:
- You can “save it as a quote” and send to your customer for review. This will change the status of the Sales Order to Draft. Associated stock will not be committed to the Sales Order at this time.
- Or “create the Sales Order.” This will change the status of the Sales Order to Active. Associated stock will be committed to the Sales Order at this time ensuring that you do not sell the variants to another customer.