To manually create a Sales Order, go to the 'Sales Order' tab.
Click on 'Orders' and then click the 'New Sales Order' button located near the top right-hand side of the screen.
You will be redirected to a New Sales Order page where you can begin to populate the required fields.
Select the customer from the dropdown box. If the customer is not listed, you can create a new customer at this stage too.
Once the customer has been selected, their default information will pre-populate the fields below. Review them to ensure they are accurate.
At this point, a few things will happen:
- An order number will automatically generate (in the above example, it’s SO0007), but you can change it as you desire
- Within the reference field, you can enter the Customer’s Purchase Order Number
- Adjust the shipment date to the date when you’ll need to have the stock delivered
- State whether prices on the Sales Order will be tax inclusive or not
Once you’ve confirmed and filled out the fields at the top of the Sales Order, you can begin to add product variants to the order.
Type them into the 'Item Name' field and select them from the dropdown list. Adjust the quantity, price, and discount as required.
If needed, you can add additional charges to each Sales Order by clicking 'Add a custom line item'. For example, you may want to add a charge for shipping, labels, setup, etc.
The ‘Quantity’ of custom line items entered in your sales order(s) will not be reflected in the Reporting breakdown.
You can also add a note to the Sales Order at this point.
When your Sales Order is complete, you will have two options:
1. You can 'save as quote' and send it to your customer for review. This will change the status of the Sales Order to Draft. Associated stock will not be committed to the Sales Order at this time.
2. You can 'create' the Sales Order. This will change the status of the Sales Order to Active. Associated stock will be committed to the Sales Order at this time ensuring that you do not sell the variants to another customer.