TradeGecko supports barcodes & barcode scanning within the web & mobile applications.
You simply need to generate your barcodes and input them into your TradeGecko account against your SKUs.
Then, every time you have to create a sales order/purchase order you can scan the barcode of the product to retrieve the product from TradeGecko instead of manually typing out the SKU.
Different ways you can use Barcodes:
- Scan items onto Sales & Purchase Orders
- New Stock Transfers
- Search products by barcode
- Perform a Stock take
To summarise, barcoding works with every search function on TradeGecko.
To add barcodes to your products you need to go into your Inventory, click the variant and then in the barcode entry field you need to scan in the barcode and save it. This means that the item has a barcode associated with it.
Using barcodes you can search through your inventory for a specific product, and you can also scan items onto sales and purchase orders.
However, you cannot use barcode scanning for order fulfilment (i.e. scan items directly into your inventory that have been sent from your supplier. In order for barcoding to work, you need to generate the barcode).
There are some other limitations to using barcodes on your TradeGecko account
- Using barcodes for Packing: Scanning the individual packing slips at the packing table to eliminate error - unfortunately this cannot be done.
- Auto-increments: Quantities of products will not automatically increase when you scan a barcode multiple times on a Sales or Purchase Order.
- Sales Channels: If you have set up barcodes for your products on your sales channels they will not be pushed to TradeGecko.
Find more about Socket Mobile barcode scanners.