The Stock Transfer feature within QuickBooks Commerce allows you to easily transfer stock between various warehouses locations.
To create a New Stock Transfer:
Select Stock Control from the main navigation bar, and click on Stock Transfer. On this screen, you will see the 'New Stock Transfer' button located on the top right-hand corner.
You will be redirected to the New Stock Transfer page.
- Select the 'Source' (i.e. location you want to move stock from). The drop-down will show a list of addresses from which you can move stock.
- Right next to this, you can select the 'Destination' (i.e. location you want to move the stock to). The drop-down will show a list of addresses that you can transfer your stock to.
- Next, you choose the stock that you want to move. Search for the stock – either by name or by its SKU (Stock Keeping Unit).
- Enter the quantity of stock that you want to move, in the Quantity field.
- If need be, another item can be added to the stock transfer table by clicking on Add another item.
- When you have completed the Stock Transfer form, click on the Create button at the bottom of the page to save your form.
This should bring you to a new page with the final form. The stock transfer is now 'Active' and is ready to be received at your 'Destination'.
Your inventory levels will not update until the goods are 'received' at the destination.
If you wish to edit a stock transfer, click here to find out how to do so.
To create a stock transfer for batch tracked products, read this article for more details.