What are HS codes?
The Harmonised Commodity Description and Coding System (HS), or simply the Harmonised System, is an international nomenclature (at 6-digit level) developed by the World Customs Organisation for the classification of goods.
How to set up HS codes for your QuickBooks Commerce Product Variants.
2. Once the product and variants have been setup, select the variant you need to add the HS code to.
3. In the next page, you will be able to fill in a field for the HS code.
Enable HS codes on Documents
- To enable HS codes to show on your documents, go to Settings > Brands & Documents and select a branding theme to edit
- Navigate to Document Settings and scroll to the section titled Document Specific Settings
- Choose the document you want the code to appear on, check the box for HS code and then save the changes.
The HS code will appear on the appropriate documents.