CartRover is a technology company specializing in integrations. They make connecting your eCommerce cart, online marketplace and 3PL to TradeGecko simple and straightforward.
CartRover is a 3rd party integration. TradeGecko does not provide technical support for 3rd party integrations. Please contact CartRover support for technical assistance.
Understanding the workflow
- CartRover retrieves new sales orders and purchase orders from TradeGecko.
- CartRover then delivers sales orders and purchase orders to WMS/OMS
- CartRover retrieves shipment tracking, inventory levels, and purchase order receiving details from WMS/OMS
- CartRover delivers shipment tracking, inventory levels, and purchase order receiving details to TradeGecko
For 2 and 3 shown above, your WMS must support and be compatible with the functions.
Integrate with CartRover
1. Set up or log in to your CartRover Merchant Account, and click on WMS Setup.
2. Click Change WMS, and select TradeGecko from the drop-down.
3. On the New TradeGecko Setup page, click the Grant Us API Access button.
4. A new window will open containing the TradeGecko log-in screen. Log in and follow the dialogue to 'authorize' CartRover to act on behalf of your TradeGecko account. When complete, return to the CartRover window, and it will let you know if the authorization was successful.
5. You can also click the Test WMS Connection button to first verify that the connection is successful. Then click 'Save changes'.
Required Location ID
This optional setting allows you to pull only orders meant for a specific Location in TradeGecko. To find your desired Location ID, browse to and edit a product variant within that location in TradeGecko. Click the Stock Locations tab and then click the desired location.
The Location ID will be displayed in the URL bar.
Things to take note 📝
A Order IDs: Some warehouse management systems or other software have limitations on character types and lengths. Check with your provider and make sure that your order source is generating order IDs that are within those parameters. Cartrover provides a full Order Number in the field cust_po_no and a shortened but still unique order number in cust_ref.
B SKUs/Items/Product Codes: In order for any order interface to function properly, the SKUs in the order source must match the SKUs in your warehouse software. If your warehouse system does not recognize an incoming SKU, the order will be rejected. If the SKUs in the order source are different than the ones being used in your warehouse, then item aliases or promotional codes must be created for each corresponding item in your WMS.
C Initial Integration: When most new interfaces are configured and initiated, all recent open orders in the cart will be downloaded by CartRover. It is essential that all shipped orders are marked as closed/shipped in the cart/order source so that CartRover does not retrieve them.
D Test orders: It is highly recommended that all new integrations are verified by using test orders. This way it can be verified that item IDs and shipping codes are translating over correctly to your WMS.
E Basic Access Authentication: Each cart provides its own method of authentication. If you are hosting your own cart, do not turn on extra Basic Access Authentication or CartRover may not be able to access your cart's API endpoint (URL).
F Allow Incoming Traffic: CartRover uses the following IP addresses which you may need to whitelist: 18.104.22.168, 22.214.171.124