To delete line items from sales order(s), there must not be any Invoice, Payment, Shipment, and Returns attached to it.
To edit a sales order, go to the Sales Order tab on the main navigation bar, click on 'Orders'. Select the specific order you need to edit. On the right-hand side of the page, select Edit Order.
On this page, you can edit most of the order details and line items.
You can also edit the sales order number by clicking the green pencil icon next to it.
The sales order number can only be edited for new orders and orders in the 'Draft' and 'Active' stages. Once your sales order has progressed to the 'finalized' and 'fulfilled' stages, the edit access will be restricted.
(e.g., if your current manually-created Sales Order is SO_001, the system will automatically name your next Sales order as SO_002, SO_003, SO_004, and so forth.)
What can you edit and when?
At each stage of the sales order, different parts of the order are editable.
In the Draft stage, you can edit all parts of your sales order such as contact, customer messages, ship from location, issue date, shipment date, the currency of sales order, price lists, totals, assignee, stock quantity, prices, and add or remove order line items.
You still have access to edit all parts of your sales order in the Active stage, similar to the Draft stage.
Stock is committed only in the 'Active' stage but not in the 'Draft' stage.
In the Finalized stage, your access to edit sales orders will be limited.
✔️ You can:
- Edit, the quantity of stock, ordered; however, you can only add to the quantity, not subtract from it.
- You can add and remove line items and landed costs, provided it has not yet been invoiced or packed/shipped.
- You can change the Issue Date and the Shipment Date.
- You will be able to view the Pick List after you have created a shipment.
- You can edit the Assignee of this sales order.
❌ You cannot:
- edit the Customer and Currency totals on the sales order.
You can edit the issue date, shipment date, assignee, stock quantity*, change prices, and add, but not remove, line items in the Fulfilled stage*. You will have the option to create a return at this stage.
*You will only be able to increase Stock Quantity but not decrease it.