User Permissions and Advanced permissions let you determine which pages your team members are allowed to access. Setting up various user permissions may be useful if your users compete for sales or have different teams with different responsibilities accessing your account.
There are three basic access controls that you can apply to users.
- Read Only - Allows the user to view a page but not to make any changes.
- Read & Write - Allows the user to view, create, edit and delete information on selected pages.
- No access - As the name implies, it prevents the user from viewing or editing those pages.
The permissions applied to a user affect the pages that they can view or edit. For example, if you select Read Only for Stock Control, the user will not create any action (Stocktake, Stock transfer, Stock adjustment, and Purchase Orders). They will only have access to view but not create or edit. This user permission applies to all aspects of the section - there is no way to allow the user to use the Stocktake tool with no access to Purchase orders - as both the Stocktake tool and Purchase orders are under the Stock Control section.
These are the pages that you can set restrictions for.
- Sales Orders
- Stock Control
- Sales Orders - Read & Write
- Relationships - Read & Write
- Inventory - Read
- Settings - Read
Next, learn about advanced user permissions.