You can enable batch tracking in bulk by updating product information via CSV or importing new products via CSV.
2. Download the spreadsheet. If you have already enabled batch tracking on your products, skip Steps 3 and 4. The column will appear in your spreadsheet of your Stock on Hand Report.
4. Add an additional column for 'Batch Tracked', input 'TRUE/FALSE '
After adding the column for batch tracking, your spreadsheet should look like this:
5. Upload your updated spreadsheet in .csv format
6. One last check on your product updates
7. ‘Upload these products’ to complete your product update. Your desired products will now have batch tracking enabled in bulk.
Do note that in your spreadsheet, you cannot input TRUE and FALSE for the variants of the same product. TradeGecko will register the information based on the first variant listed in the spreadsheet (as highlighted in the following image). In the example below, TradeGecko will register Cat Tuxedo as FALSE, not batch tracked.
If you are unsure about what to edit for the various columns in your spreadsheet, click here to find more details.
There's more you can do with batch and expiry tracking! Learn how to create a stock transfer, stock adjustment with batches, assign batch tracked products to purchase orders, sales orders and more today!